terça-feira, 2 de abril de 2024

POËT MAGIC - 2 Uma rubrica de poesia de Iara Faria

 

The Smart girl 

 I’ve always been the 

smart girl

That's what they called 

us:”Gifted and talented”

“High achieving protegíes

ahead of the class”

I lived for every grade 

back.Every book we 

read.Every test.

Because a smart girl

gets straight As and a

smart girl gets the 

teachers way.

A smart girl knows the

answer in class.

You’d go to her if you

didn't know?

You’d go to her for that

But how my pencil

quivers over every bubble 

letter.

What will they think of

me if I get it wrong?

A smart girl doesn't get

a B.I’m too “smart” for 

that.

Gifted and talented.

Wasn't that me?

I miss the praising.

Words of affirmation

It's like they’ve all

forgotten how “smart” I

used to be.

Who am I if not her?

The girl with perfect

grades and a smiling face

The one you’d go to for

answers in class.

You’d go to her if you

didn't know.

Who am I without that?

My pencil quivers

Who am I without that?

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário